Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Bucket List

I started to write my life plan and got bored. Not surprising…it hasn’t been a ball of excitement so far. But I did review my strengths (limited) and weakness (too many to mention).

My biggest weakness seems to be a lack of talent. While, I can make a mean margarita, successfully operate a DVR, and actually fold a map. I have to ask myself… is that enough?

In the kitchen I am a whiz as long as the food is precooked and frozen. I'm not bad at baking, unfortunately however, when the nation switches completely over to fluorescent bulbs my Easy Bake Oven will be out of commission and then I’ll be screwed.

I do succeed in self-pity, whining, and bitching. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen those listed under any job descriptions.

So instead of a "life plan", I have decided to work on my bucket list. In writing this list I realized that I am really not into the hard-core I-might-die-from-this shit. It's actually nothing too extraordinary, but I'm sure it's different now than it would have been 20 years ago. Anyway, this is what I came up with:

#1. I like to laugh and I've always admired comedians. I have an appreciation for people who can make others laugh; come up with brilliant ideas; and complain and bitch in a way that makes it funny. I would like to learn to do that and take on the world by making them laugh.
So…
     ~~Bucket list Item #1… learn to do standup.
(I am actually doing this! I have been attending workshops and have a performance scheduled for the 24th.)

#2. I’ve always wanted to finish a book. ~~Bucket List #2…read a book all the way through.

#3. I’ve also wanted to write a book and now with some of these free on-line publishing programs it’ll be easier to self-publish. Plus, I can make it as long or short as I like! So watch for my 10 page cook book to be published soon. It will be called “Yes…it is food…so shut up and eat it."
    ~~Bucket List #3 …write and publish a book…any book.

#4.  I need to come up with more to put on my bucket list.
   ~~ Bucket List #4  finish bucket list.  (I think that's a bit like using your third wish to wish for more wishes.)

So there it is...short and sweet and still a little boring...just like me. :-]  


.

No comments:

Post a Comment